Forum > Other things > Post #877
Forum is in read-only mode. More info in blog post.
2004-May-28 14:18
i wonder...
Hello i just wonder what kind of programs you using... because i am a little curious. Is it for an example cool edit or is it reason??what kind of program is it=)
From an curious person...

papa_dj
djbacon
2004-May-28 14:18
Well for curious person i can tell it Is SoundForge and few other programs.
2004-May-28 14:19
Hi, Dj Bacon, everyone else!
Some time ago I was too a DJ(nothing big-just partys @my school), and I loved mixing-just like Dj Bacon does...
I would like to recommend you some apps if you want to mix something
Ok lets start with an app called DJBasic-its the best real time mixing app Ive ever used-it can synhronize two tracks automatically, by matching bpm and matching the beats. It is also possible to add different effects like phaser or reverb and even reverse the track. And much more. Of my experience this one is the best for me because I sometimes get so drunk at partys that its hard to concentrate on mixing, but when this program does everything for me I dont really care
Next one is "Mix tab"-its nonrealtime mixing app with not too many capabilities, but the final result sounds really great-just like a proffesional DJ I sometimes use this app to make a mix to later listen on a road-really great to listen to your own mixes rather than listen to someone elses!

A simpler app is MJ Studio I have used this instead of my standart mp3 player a while ago for some time. It can match bpm (just like DJBASIC does.

Thats it. If you have any interesting apps you would like to tell everyone about, do it here-it will be interesting to read about what apps do other people use!

Roby
djbacon
2004-May-28 14:19
Well, i as for me the best non-realtime mixing software is SoundForge. It is with lot of usefull features and quite easy to use. For realtime mixing also very good is MixMeister (by the way can be download in torrents download section) with usefull features as well. All my NONSTOPS are made by this one.
I don't mix in realtime, but as much as i know this software, it must be easy.
But if i want to remix songs with additional instruments (for megamix or just remix) i use Fruity Loops. Not difficult to get use to it. For example you can listen my Megamix vx 115 (Oldies Party Mix).