Forum > Other things > Post #614
Forum is in read-only mode. More info in blog post.
crcbad
2013-May-21 12:06
Travel to Latvia!
Hi,

I'm almost 99% sure in doing a travel to Latvia this summer, and I have some questions. Maybe someone can help me a little? ;D

1- Anyone knows a nice guide to Latvia? What to see, what to do, how many days are the optimal...

2- I'm from Madrid/Spain. It's cheaper to rent a car in Latvia that moving in train/bus?

3- I've read that there's a Latvian Song and Dance Festival in July, once in five years. I've read the last festival took place in 2008, so this year there's festival? When?

4- I've always wanted to know what it's Ligo. DJBacon soometimes says "happy ligo!". What's exactly? When it is?

Regards ^^
Dj Bacon
2013-May-21 12:15
Hi! Latvia is very beautiful country, so you definately should come :). As for guide you can use www.latvia.travel/en. As for song and dance festival it's happening this year from june 30th till july 7th. Ligo (LÄ«go) is summer solstice celebration each year on june 23th till june 24th. That night is supposed to be shortest. So when i say Happy Ligo, it means same thing for Ligo celebration as Merry Christmas for Christmas.
2013-May-21 12:18
Oh, there is webseite for song and dance festival www.dziesmusvetki.tv/en/
crcbad
2013-May-21 13:18
Thankyou djbacon! i will search more info in the web, and the dates for the travel ^^

Thanks again.
williams
2013-Dec-05 15:26
Man I love your mixes, they are amazing, and cut in and out of the best parts of the beats. Normally i dont like to listen to the whole song anyways, so this fits me just right. Sometimes i cant figure out which mix to listen to and im almost trying to listen to 2 or 3 mixes at a time now