Forum > Mixes > Post #526
Forum is in read-only mode. More info in blog post.
Respect
2012-Apr-11 22:37
Staggering amount of mixes DJ Bacon
I can't believe the amount of work you have done doing this many mixes, I am totally overwhelmed. This might take a year to get thru listening to everyone. I do know what it takes to get these into order and finished. I am from the old school of spinning 12' discs.

Hard work does pay off.
Dj Bacon
2012-Apr-12 08:48
Yes i have a lot of them. Most of them i have saved. Unfortunately few are lost by computer HDD failure of my failure :) Anyway there are mixes that are not available in on this site. The unreleased mixes that i made, but do not think are good enough to be published.
Respect
2012-Apr-13 01:16
I have my friend that had a HDD failure and a PC repair guy was able to get all of his lost info from it, the actual discs that are in the HDD were removed and put into another HDD cage, note don't try this yourself unless you know how to remove the metal discs out. I tried an experiment on a garbage working old one but it didn't work for me. Big fingers and small parts don't mix.

Don't throw those old HDD away info can be gained from them even if the unit does not work, make sure to break the inner metal discs, some of those discs have enough silver, gold or platinum to be worth selling it for scrap. Most new ones don't use these metals.
Dj Bacon
2012-Apr-13 16:26
Well, i do not have those old HDDs anymore, but it was no big deal. I lost 3 or 4 mixes. I have plenty more :) and i can make them again, although i usually don't do that. If mix is lost, then it's lost.