Forum > Suggestions > Post #213
Forum is in read-only mode. More info in blog post.
dillen
2009-Oct-29 18:59
Oldies
Being a true fan of your work, I would think an oldies mix, running all the way from
f.e. 1957-2007 would be great !
A videomix version would be mega-cool though I'm sure it would involve a colossal
amount of work to dig out TV performances and live footage from the early years
before musicvideos.
I can only imagine the amount of work and preparations needed to do a good videomix
and get the sound and mixing right, but I can assure you that I would enjoy
every second - MANY times ! And I'm sure that a lot of other fans would as well.
Dillen in Denmark
Dj Bacon
2009-Oct-30 12:38
That's right, that would be super huge amount of work. Unfortunately i do not go further than 70s. Old tracks are difficult to mix cause they don't have constant stable beat. But something like 80s to 2000s is NSM Grandmix series. Take a look at those. They are not video but i think worth listening :)
dillen
2009-Nov-01 18:01
Yes, I have heard a couple of the Grandmix, the ones
I have been able to download from different internet
sources but the sound quality was very bad due to
file compression etc.
Hopefully I will, when time and GC points allow, be
able to download them directly from your website
and listen to them in best quality.
The mixing, however, is as always great !
And so is the choice of songs included.

Regarding oldies mix and songs before 1970, you're
of course absolutely right in that the BPM varies,
sometimes a lot, and so can the sound quality
througout just one song. And that makes it very difficult.
Many mixers have tried this but so far
none has managed to do a proper oldies mix.
Something like a "50 years of pop music rewind mix",
and I'm sure that if someone will ever be able to
do one properly, that would have to be you.

Of course, a 30- or 40-years mix would also be
nice, especially for us who remembers that time.
:-)

Dillen in Denmark.
gs999999
2009-Nov-13 15:06
Hello, I really would appreciate some good oldie mixes. But I think this is a real hard work.
How would you structure that work? (by year, by decade, by artist, by chart position - there are many approaches thinkable).
Respect
2012-Apr-09 06:57
I remember years ago when we used 12 inch discs that we would have a midi seqencer to allow us to keep the flowing beat in time so that the beat would keep at an even pace, the seqencer had other options but that would keep the track beats synced for that specific turntable. For more turntables you would need one for each. this would work with cd's and mp3, flak or any other sound coming into it.

One problem is that if the BPM changes during the mesh mixing the two or more the pitch changes of any voice or sound. The seqence I had can correct this without any messing of controls. Some of these seqencers are junk as you probably know already if you have used them but some are great and the Virtual intelegence is great along with sound quality. Only one problem is that they need to be mounted into a rack possible to include a pre amp if the input going to it is a record turntable.
nticer5
2012-Apr-14 03:15
i like all yearmix, i'd love to hear one each year.
jensalf
2012-Jun-07 14:21
Hi, a mix from 80s to 2012 would be nice. Thanks